Facebook Messenger auto reply messages are an effective way to elevate your customer experience. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of setting up Facebook automated responses and the different methods of creating Facebook auto replies. Plus, we’ve compiled the most popular Facebook Messenger auto reply messages.
Facebook Messenger Auto Reply: The Basics
There are many reasons why Facebook Messenger auto reply messages matter. Firstly, acknowledging new customers with a Welcome Message will help you make a good first impression on them.
Away Messages also set the right expectations about response time when you can’t respond to Messenger contacts right away. Plus, businesses can also leverage Welcome and Away messages by greeting customers and asking for their details at the same time.
Now that you’ve learned the basics of Facebook automated responses, let’s delve into the setup process.
How to Set Up Facebook Messenger Auto Reply
There are two ways to set up Facebook Messenger auto reply messages — through Facebook Page Inbox and respond.io.
How to Set Up Facebook Automated Responses in Facebook Page Inbox
To create Facebook Messenger automated responses, you need to be a Page admin, editor or moderator. To start, go to your Facebook Page.
1. Go to Inbox.
2. Click on Automations.
3. Navigate to Instant Reply and turn on the toggle.
4. Select Messenger as the preferred platform by checking the box.
5. Compose your Facebook Messenger auto reply message.
Here, you can choose to personalize the auto reply with the recipient’s name. You may also test the Facebook Messenger auto reply by sending it to your mobile device. Finally, click on Save Changes to publish the Facebook Messenger auto reply message.
<call-out> Warning! Following Meta's latest changes to its Handover Protocol, you can now only have one primary app: either Facebook Page Inbox or a third-party inbox like respond.io. Note that only the primary app will receive incoming messages. <call-out>
Next, we'll show you how to set up Facebook Messenger auto reply messages on respond.io. But before you can use respond.io as a third-party messenger inbox, make sure you disable Facebook Page Inbox and make respond.io the primary app instead.
How to Set Up Facebook Automated Responses on respond.io
1. Set the Workflow Trigger to Conversation Opened.
2. Add a Date & Time Step and define your business hours if you plan to enable Facebook auto reply messages only at certain times.
3. Add one or more Send a Message Steps. You can create different types of Facebook Messenger auto reply messages in a single Workflow. In the configuration drawer, set the Channel to Facebook Messenger, and Message Type to text. Then, compose the auto reply message(s).
Next, we’ll share some Facebook Messenger auto reply examples designed for different situations.
9 Facebook Messenger Auto Reply Examples
We have put together a list of popular Facebook Messenger auto reply examples for business, including Welcome Messages, Away Messages and Lead Capture Messages.
Facebook Automated Responses: Welcome Messages
Below is a list of Facebook Messenger Welcome Message samples:
- “Thanks for reaching out to [business name]. How can we help you?”
- “Hi! 👋 We are so excited to hear from you! Let us know how we can assist you.”
- “Hi there! Welcome to [business name]. What can we do for you today?”
Facebook Automated Responses: Away Messages
Here are some examples of Facebook Messenger Away Messages:
- “Hello! We’re currently closed, but we’ll get back to you around [time]. In the meantime, check out our FAQ section here: [URL].”
- “Hey! Just wanted to let you know that we have received your message and will be in touch by [time].”
- “Thanks for your message! We’re currently out of the office, but we’ll get back to you first thing in the morning.”
Facebook Automated Responses: Lead Capture Messages
If you are looking to capture customer details with a Facebook auto reply message, consider these options:
- “Thank you for contacting [business name] on Messenger. In order to assist you further, please provide your email address.”
- “Thanks for your message! May we have your name and phone number?”
- “Hello, please leave your name and email address below and we will be in touch shortly.”
Elevate your customer experience today with Facebook automated responses. To start, create a respond.io account for free and connect Facebook Messenger to the platform.
If you enjoyed reading about Facebook Messenger auto reply messages, check out the articles below: